A big hug and heartfelt thank you to the lovely Christina from A Casual Beauty for this recognition, and to Bethy Beauty, Must Love Nails and Orchid who all nominated me as I was finishing up this post! I’ve fallen in love with blogging and putting together photos and posts, and it makes me warm and fuzzy to know that other people enjoy reading them! So thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all of you!
The Leibster Award is one which is awarded to bloggers with less then 200 followers. After receiving it you then list 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions, select 11 nominees, and provide 11 questions for them to answer. All in all, a great way to share some love.
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions provided
- Pick 11 nominees for the award and let them know they’ve been chosen (You cannot nominate the person who nominated you)
- Create a set of 11 questions for the nominees to answer
Alright, let’s get to it. Here is 11 facts about myself.
1. I have an unusual attachment to England and almost all things British. I truly believe that England is my “spirit place” and that I was meant to be born there. I’ll visit someday.
2. I’m also convinced that I was born in the wrong decade. The 1950s are fascinating to me and I wish I could’ve witnessed and experienced them in all their glory.
3. I’m an only child.
4. My favourite animals are peacocks and owls.
5. My favourite colour is purple and I loooove leopard print.
6. I hate filing my nails, the sound and feeling of something gritty rubbing against my nails makes me shutter.
7. I practice yoga daily and am currently working on my arm balances.
8. Winged liner, Ardelle #120 lashes and red lips are my go-to makeup look.
9. About 90% of the TV I watch is the Space/ScFy channel. (Further proving how much of a nerd I am haha)
10. I love food. Like, LOVE it. I’ll try almost anything and once I find something I really like I’ll obsess/only eat that for a few weeks. Currently loving garlic naan bread with cream cheese, hummus, and whatever other dip or spread I can get my hands on.
11. As they say, you save the best for last. I knew I had found the one before The Boy and I even went on our first date. He is the most wonderful person to walk into my life at the most unexpected time and he truly makes me a better person. I really am a lucky girl to have such a supportive partner at my side.
As I was lucky enough to be nominated by four separate blogs, they all posted 11 questions to be answered. But in order to keep this post somewhat short I will only be answering the questions posted by my first nomination, Christina.
1. Where is your perfect vacation?
Hmm, this is a hard one because there are plenty of places I’d love to visit and I haven’t done much traveling in my life. England is an absolute must-visit for me but I’d also LOVE to see New Zealand (so beautiful!) and Scandinavia.
2. What kind of pets do you have?
My hubby and I have 4 cats, all of which are truly our fur babies. My parents have a 3 year old golden retriever who was born on my birthday and I totally consider him to be my own as well.
4. What is your favourite beverage?
Tea! Specifically earl grey and wild orange blossom from Teavana.
5. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I’ve always been indecisive so of course I changed my mind every year, but I was really into literature and writing so I always figured I’d be an English teacher/professor or some sort of journalist.
6. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
I love this question! A tricky one as I get quite attached to characters from novels and TV shows. At the top of my list would be Rose and the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who, Marshall and Lily from How I Met Your Mother, the gang from The Big Bang Theory, Astrid from White Oleander, and Josie from Paint it Black.
7. Which of the four seasons do you prefer?
Autumn is by far my favourite. There’s just something about crisp fall air, pumpkin spice lattes, cozy sweaters and cute boots that can’t compare to the other seasons. Spring is a close second, the warm weather and new life is so refreshing!
8. If you could learn a new hobby, what would it be?
Ooh, that’s a good one. I’ve been considering going back to school for hairdressing to add to my services, although I’m not sure that’s a “hobby.”
9. What do you like to do in your free time?
Me and the hubz are both pretty big nerds so we spend a lot of time playing games together like Magic: The Gathering and Settlers of Catan. Im also into crafting and making natural beauty products that I sell in my Etsy shop, or spending some quiet time reading and practicing yoga.
10. If you could stay a certain age forever, which age would you pick?
Another tough one. I’m currently in my early twenties and I can certainly see why this is the decade everyone looks back on, but I’m also ready for the stability and progress that your 30s brings. I guess I’d have to meet somewhere in the middle and say maybe 28-32? You’re still young and full of ambitions, but you’re mature enough to know what you want from life and have some sort of stability.
11. What inspired or what is the meaning behind your blog name?
My blog name is the same as my makeup artistry business. I wanted to keep it the same to avoid confusion and make it easy for potential clients to find me. The name Lux Makeup Artistry is a combination of a few characters from some of my favourite shows and books, and (IMO) sounds elegant and sophisticated, everything I wish to convey through my business.
The lovely blogs I have nominated are:
And their 11 questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your go-to makeup look?
3. Who is your celebrity style crush?
4. Who/What keeps you inspired?
5. Who are some of your favourite makeup artists and beauty gurus?
6. What is a fashion or beauty trend you hope doesn’t stick around?
7. Two-parter! What was your first makeup/beauty product as a child? What was your first “real” makeup/beauty product as a teenager?
8. What’s your fave way to spend a day/night with your best girls?
9. What is your signature look or scent? (Rose perfume, red lipstick, sleek style)
10. Have you ever had a fashion, hair or makeup mishap? What happened and how did you deal with it?
11. What is an unexpected act of kindness someone has done for you?
A final thank you to the FOUR lovely ladies and blogs who have nominated me for this super sweet award. I appreciate every single follow, like and comment I receive on here and I hope I share the love with you as well.
Peace Love and Lipgloss xx